We heard a band last week during Music Week at school and one of the performers played the violin and the Chinese erhu. He played "Song of Birds in a desolated mountain," performed here on YouTube by a young boy. The band, led by Stephanie Chou HM '05, recently released its first album called Prime Knot. It's filled with music that explores the relationship between math and music, but also includes songs in Chinese, Stephanie's first language. Not included, but beautifully performed at HM was a song she wrote to the poem Thoughts on a Tranquil Night by Li Bai.
Thursday, March 7, 2013
So I hear that Emma dreamt that I was fired from my job as the only solution to getting me to work less. I dreamt that I was covered in chicken pox. Anyone else dream about me recently? We're heading into the last stretch before spring break and I realize that rather than give me a vision of relief, it only intensifies how quickly we will slide into the end of the school year. Is it possible that April is actually the busiest month of the year, heightened by the anticipation of spring? The big difference will be that I can finally go out into the garden and spend time with the buds, blossoms and bugs. They are all good company and appreciative of every little bit of attention you can give them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment