June 2018
I wrote this post Easter weekend in 2013. Georgia, James and Sarah were here for Easter dinner and that's the night that we had to take Gregory to Sloan Kettering after he fell on his way upstairs. We called 911 because he couldn't get up and two policemen arrived with an ambulance. They helped him up and used a sling to carry him downstairs. I asked if we could take him in the car knowing that he would end up in an emergency room if we didn't take him to the hospital ourselves. They hesitated, but agreed. That's the last time Gregory was home.
So this is what happens when you are on vacation. The days blend together. You can do anything you want anytime and in any order. And so Monday has suddenly turned into Friday and since Monday we have been to B&N to purchase
Lincoln, we have received an order of food from Fresh Direct, the house has been cleaned, we moved a bed into the library, we removed five more boxes of books from the library, and we have watched the gardeners fertilize the garden, covering up all the things I thought I would finally get around to cleaning up (dead stuff and unwanted plants). Covering up everything but the crocuses that are now in full bloom and the rising daffodils and tulips has made the garden quite tidy; a new look before I get my hands on it.
Georgia arrived for Easter weekend and Kathryn is passing through on her way to Jamaica. It looks like it will be a sunny weekend in NYC, springlike even. Happy Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment